Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

Gypsy Gypsy

Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

We caught this guy on our trail cam back in April. We caught what looks like the same on video this week, although it's very fast and not very good quality. Many people have said it looks like a cougar to them but looks a little small to me to be a cougar. But most certainly looks like a cat. I am providing a comparison pic of my lab. She is exactly 4ft long (nose-tip to tail-tip) and her height at the top of her front shoulders is 22in. The distance of the trees from the camera is 25 yds. We do have a bobcat we have seen several times, but this guy has the long tail. I am dying to know what this is. Opinions please? Thanks!
Gypsy Gypsy

Re: Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

Wow I'm not sure why those pics came out sooooo big and I can't figure out how to make them smaller.
Glenn McDaniel Glenn McDaniel

Re: Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

Sorry, I could not determine what the animal was! Is not a cougar, but possibly a housecat, thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
Ben thayer Ben thayer

Re: Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

Are you kidding? Big dog walking with it's owner.
Gypsy Gypsy

Re: Trail cam cat pic... cougar or not?

HaHa very funny LOL