Spotted a panther near mt meigs

waterdogs03 waterdogs03

Spotted a panther near mt meigs

Saw something cross the road thinking it was a deer then maybe just a large dog like the 95 pound lab i had and then I was about 75 feet away from it and there is no doubt what I saw, looked to be light grayish tan color around 100lbs turned and looked straight at me, was not a bobcat or link I live in southeast alabama and this was not a bob, I spotted it about 1 mile north west from rail road track on wares ferry road near prison, right before second dirt road on right, near Mt Meigs.  Wasn't sure who to tell?
GVMcDaniel GVMcDaniel

Re: Spotted a panther near mt meigs

Very possible that it could have been a Fla Panther. You are in an area that an be used as a migration route for young males. It is known that the Fla Panther is moving north from their Fla territories.
GVM
waterdogs03 waterdogs03

Re: Spotted a panther near mt meigs

Thank you for the reply, I could not believe what I saw, I turned around and went back to get a photo but it was already gone.  I documented it on here because I'm hoping that someone will post another sighting of it or another one  in the same area.  I've realized how special it is to get the chance to see one of these in the wild in Alabama, I'm glad I got the opportunity!