Possible Cougar Print in Trafford, Alabama Jan. 16,2014

dslbassman dslbassman

Possible Cougar Print in Trafford, Alabama Jan. 16,2014

For the past few weeks I have been hearing a very distinct growl in the woods near my home. We have a good Deer population in and around the property. Today while out in the yard, I was able to watch several Doe's grazing on the leaves in the bottom just behind my house. I came in and gathered my binoculars to try and get a better look as they wandered slowly away in the woods line. Walking to the side of my home, I was very surprised to find several tacks about 20ft. from the exterior walls. Some were washed slightly but one was in very good condition. I am enclosing a picture of the print of what I believe to be a Cougar print. As I am not a tracker, I am really unsure. But, with the research that I have been doing concerning the Cougars starting to reclaim their territory, this print raised my suspicions even more.
 If there is someone out there that can look at this photo and give me a better idea of what exactly I have wandering the area around my home, Please let me know.
 I should preface this with, I rescued a Fawn this fall that looked as though something big had attacked it on it's hind quarter. The fawn did not make it as infection and pneumonia had already taken their tolls on her. Also, a neighbor spoke with me about a month ago and said that he had spotted one crossing the road we live on.
Any and all help is appreciated. For me this is an exciting find, as I have a love for big cats and the outdoors. And, just because those in power refuse to acknowledge their existence, doesn't make it less true. After all, they deny many things that we the population know to be fact. Cougar_Print_2.JPG
DCR DCR

Re: Possible Cougar Print in Trafford, Alabama Jan. 16,2014

There is helpful track ID information (specifically for Cougars, etc.) at  http://www.bear-tracker.com  as well as contact information for Tracker Cabrera (it's her site). You can also find Tracker Cabrera on FaceBook.