Marshall County

B B

Marshall County

I know of four different people spotting cougar in Marshall County over a period of more than four years.

My wife saw a cougar walking through our backyard about sunset one evening in 2000, I myself spotted a cougar in 2003, my neighbor spotted one in approximately 1999 and I know another person that spotted on crossing the road at night in 2005. So are there cougars in Alabama? Yes, whether its a breeding population or are they transient I dont know. I must say the condescending attitude of the Alabama Fish and Wildlife service is sad and disappointing, when they question you and say it must have been a coyote or a bob cat that you saw it leads me to believe they know more than they are telling us.