Cougar near White Hall AL

sam sam

Cougar near White Hall AL

I was telling a friend about a cougar sighting I had a few years ago and when googling if they are in AL I came across this site.

I am an avid cyclist and one morning me and two other friends and I were riding down Jones Bluff Rd near White Hall AL when we came up on some deer off the left side of the road very close to it.  After turning my head to the left to look at them I looked forward and about 30 yards away just off the right side of the road was a cougar crouching down and staring at the deer.  We were getting close to him as we were riding a good pace 20+ mph  and he looked at us and turned and vanished into the bushes and forest.  If you googlemap .. go to the road east of the town of white hall and near the train tracks there is a circle track .. that is where we saw him.  All three of us saw him and we are 100% sure is was a cougar.  It was a very large animal .. all light brown with a very long tail.  It all happened so fast but my instincts when I saw it and how close we were getting to it was that we were in serious trouble.  It was a big animal and we laugh about it now on who the slowest of us was going to get eaten.  Riding in the early mornings on a bike you can sneak up on critters since you don't make a lot of noise.  Anyhow, I just wanted to give the location where one was spotted and hope it helps.
Grant Grant

Re: Cougar near White Hall AL

Great sighting! That is a heavily forested area with a lot of deer. Perfect cougar territory. Glad yall survived!