Cougar near Beatrice

Trish Elliott Trish Elliott

Cougar near Beatrice

Sighting near Beatrice, just before where Old Scotland Road meets the Ridge Road. We saw its back end moving into the brush as we came around a bend in the road, which is a dirt road through the woods. Reddish brown, large, with the distinctive cougar tail, and it moved like a cat. We are visiting from Canada and are familiar with cougars. Although it was just a momentary glimpse, my husband and I both recognized it as a cougar. We were surprised to see it so close to a blacktop road.