Brown in color cougar seen behind Maytown Park in Jefferson County

Chris Hambley Chris Hambley

Brown in color cougar seen behind Maytown Park in Jefferson County

This past Saturday, October 3rd, 2015, my neighbor, Kevin Brasher and his friend and wife were about to practice shooting handguns out in the back of Maytown Park , when they heard something and within 50', there was a large cougar walking on a methane gas pump road.
The cat stopped, looked at them for a second and went on about his/her business. It walked on down this red rock/dirt road. It has been heard a couple of times making a loud growling noise. It weighed approximately 60-80 lbs with a long tail.

This is in the Maytown/Sylvan Springs area.

There have been pets coming up missing for the past 10 years and a couple of house cats missing in the past couple of months, but I also know for sure that coyote are all around here.